The ghost chili (aka Bhut Jolokia, Naga Jolokia, Naga Morich) is so
named for its "ghostly" bite. It has officially been recognized as one
of the very hottest chile peppers, but also possesses a slight
surprising sweetness and smokiness behind all that heat. The perfect
gift for the hardcore chilehead in your life, this pepper is only
reserved for those who wish to add true fire to their dishes.
Because these chilies are wild, their heat can vary considerably from chile to chile.
We also offer pre-ground ghost chili powder.
Note: Packages may include small fragments of rope, which the
chilies are tied to while being dried. Discard any rope fragments before
Caution: These chilies are extremely hot.
- Wear gloves while handling chilies. Wash hands thoroughly before touching eyes & sensitive tissue.
- If grinding, avoid inhaling powder. Eye & respiratory protection recommended.
- In the event of inhalation, move to open air to clear lungs.
- In the event of burning eyes, flush with eye wash. For burning skin, wash thoroughly with soap & water.
- If irritation persists, seek medical aid.
: 1, 2, 5 and 10 lb sizes are marked kosher. Smaller packages are not currently marked kosher (but are certified).